Master of Science in Education
Currently Accepting Applications!
Apply by 07/26/21 | Start Class 08/23/21
Offered by the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education at USI, the 100% online Master of Science in Education will advance your your career in education.
With our 100% online MSE degree, you can further develop your teaching skill set, become qualified for administrative positions, increase your earning power, and so much more!
Our affordable and flexible program is designed for individuals who have completed a baccalaureate degree with a from an accredited university with a degree in education or related field.
The Master of Science in Education (MSE) degree program involves advanced study designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of licensed, practicing teachers in P-12 schools.
Are you an out-of-state student interested in pursuing an online degree at USI? Check your eligibility.
33 Credit Hours
Complete within two academic years.
Teacher preparation programs are approved by the Indiana Department of Education and are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
The MSE program blends studies of educational theory with analysis of current educational issues and practices. The program of study includes 33 credits hours culminating in an action research project implemented in the graduate student’s P-12 classroom or school. The program does not lead to initial teacher licensure. However, courses may be used for license renewal.
Choose Your Concentration:
Note: Admission into the Educational Leadership and Administration Program is summer and fall only. Admission to the Curriculum and Instruction and Secondary Mathematics Teaching tracks is spring, summer or fall.
Applicants must be admitted to graduate study under University graduate policies and then be accepted into the specific MSE track. In addition to the requirements for admission to graduate study at USI, admission to the MSE program requires the following:
- A baccalaureate degree (minimum cumulative GPA 2.75) from an accredited college or university with a degree in education or a related field
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in all courses taken at the graduate level at all schools attended
- A copy of a standard U.S. teaching license or an approved waiver form
- A completed personal information form that includes a record of teaching experience
- Submit an online application, a $40 application fee, and a list of 3 references (names, relation to you and email address). One must be an employment supervisor and the other two must be professional references.
- Upload a current resume/curriculum vitae to your application account. The file should be a PDF and use the following naming convention: First Name Last Name EdD resume.pdf (example: Joe Smith MSE resume.pdf).
- Submit official transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline|