Fall 2021 Academic Program changes
Fall 2021 Academic Program changes
5/21/2021 | University Communications
Recently, the Registrar’s Office released a list of approved academic program changes (majors, minors, concentration, etc.) for the Fall 2021 Semester. Below is the list, ranging from new undergraduate courses to new formats for existing programs:
- Indiana’s Statewide Transfer General Education Core (STGEC) was implemented in 2013. In January 2021, the Indiana Commission for Higher Education (ICHE) initiated a ‘rebranding’ of the STGEC. The new name is now the Indiana College Core (ICC). For more information about this change, as well as the Core Transfer Library (CTL), Transfer Single Articulation Pathways (TSAPs) and more, visit transferin.net/ways-to-earn-credit.
- New undergraduate course prefix/subject: RELS—Religious Studies; College of Liberal Arts, Political Science, Public Administration and Philosophy department.
- New undergraduate minor: Religious Studies minor (RELS); College of Liberal Arts, Political Science, Public Administration and Philosophy department.
- New undergraduate concentration: The Applied Studies major (APST; College of Liberal Arts, Interdisciplinary Studies) currently offers several concentrations. Effective Fall 2021, the major has added a Health Services concentration (HS).
- New degree option for existing undergraduate program: The English major (ENG, College of Liberal Arts) offers three different emphases/concentrations: creative writing (CW), literature (LT) and professional writing and rhetoric (PWR). Previously, the CW and LT concentrations were only available as a BA degree (while PWR was available as either a BA or BS). Effective Fall 2021, the CW and LT concentrations have added a BS option, making all ENG concentrations available as either a BA or a BS degree.
- New undergraduate certificate: Pre-Medical Sciences certificate (SE-CERT-PRMD); Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education, Biology department.
- New undergraduate post-baccalaureate certificate: Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching (SE-PBC-TCHG); Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education, Teacher Education department.
- New graduate programs:
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice (GR-MA-CJ); College of Liberal Arts, Criminal Justice department.
- Post-Acute Care Certificate (GR-CERT-PAC); College of Nursing and Health Professions, nursing department—last term available, Fall 2021
- New format for existing graduate program: The original program code for the Master of Health Administration degree was GR-MHA-MHA. Effective Fall 2021, the program transition to an online accelerated format and a new program code was created—GR-MHA-MHAA. Also effective Fall 2021, the program will have two concentrations.
- Students completing the program under one of the previous formats may continue to have a program code of either GR-MHA-MHA or GR-MHA-MHAA. Students must select one of the following options:
- GR-MHA-LEAD: Master of Health Administration, Leadership
- GR-MHA-PAC: Master of Health Administration, Post-Acute Care
- New graduate program awaiting approval: Pending final approval from the Board of Trustees (in May 2021) and then by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education, the College of Nursing and Health Professions/Health Services department expects to offer a new graduate-level Administrator in Training Residency Certificate. If approved, the AIT Residency certificate would be available beginning in Fall 2021.