The Center for International Programs has compiled a list of resources and FAQs related to COVID-19 on their website.
Students can request case-by-case consideration of programs. Review details in the USI Student Study/Travel Policy.
All non-essential University travel will remain suspended until further notice. Exceptions to this rule should be directed to the President’s Office or Dean of Students Office.
University golf carts and fleet vehicles should be cleaned and disinfected between use. Number of riders should be limited, and face covering should be used while operating with more than one rider.
Visit the Travel Procurement website for more information.
International Travel Protocols
Personal international travel is discouraged. Students and Employees should complete an International Travel report form before leaving or returning to the country. In accordance with the CDC and Indiana Department of Health, all students and employees arriving to campus after international travel should adhere to the following requirements:
- Delay travel if you are waiting for test results.
- Get tested 1-3 days before your flight to the US.
- If the result is positive, postpone your return to the US.
- Quarantine for 7 days once returning to the US. Then get tested 3-5 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.
- If you don’t get tested, stay in quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- Travelers with a known exposure to COVID-19 should delay travel, quarantine themselves from other people, get tested and monitor their health.
- Always follow state and local and USI recommendations or requirements related to travel.
Students and employees must provide release to return to school/work documentation to acknowledge a safe return to campus. Employee documentations may be faxed to 812-228-5068 or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org with (SECURE) in the subject line to maintain confidentiality.
Employees will receive an Employee Request Form for COVID-19 Related Leave and should also anticipate a follow-up call from Human Resources.